Friday, July 9, 2010

Ipad review from Frenchmenst.com

Ok This is my crack at a Techy Review! The New Ipad 32 mb is the item today.I gave it a full Month to be able to see the Capabilities of this Lil Thing.First I'll start with the fact that when you pick it up,Your Half way to buying it.It has a wonderful feel in your hands like nothing I have ever felt from a Tech Device.Light ,smooth,and sleek.It makes you want to see what it's about!
I have the Wifi version and when Wifi is availiable it notices immediately and either asks for a password or locks into any open wifi around.The open space of 9.7 inches is perfect and if it's too small you can inlarge with 2 fingers because of the touch screen.There are unlimited apps that can be downloaded from the Itunes app store.Most Ipod and Iphone apps will work with the Ipad.Next the ease of carrying this device is priceless .Its small enough to carry in a backpack or travel bag when traveling.Most touring Musicians would love this lil dynamo!I took it to Moscow,Russia and Sacramento for gigs and it worked like a charm and was easy to store.The Drawbacks for this devices are a few also but I expect later versions to fix these problems.First
and most important is no Flash ability.This could be a killer but you get around it.I hear they will have a Mac fix for this Flash problem soon via Independent companies creating apps to fix this.Second is a small thing to me is there is no Camera built in.Like I said I would reather take pictures with my Sony anyway and there is a Camera attachment that will let you unload pictures to your Ipad.Third is not alot of HD Space 32 Mb is what I have but most other Tablet Devices or in the same Boat.For me as a Musician I like the idea of a small portable device to stay in touch with friends and family when Im on the road.I also suggest you get down to the Apple Store or Best Buy and feel one out for yourselves and ask alot of questions to figure out if it's what you need.There also is a Newer 3g version where you can purchase internet for your device for 22 bucks a month.Has a Great Calender feature so you can keep track of your gigs.Which im not very good at.It comes with a charger and usb connection that can be connected to any PC Or Mac.It's cross gender! No to me Apple has done it again and launched
the Computer in yet another direction! Of course this is strictly my opinion and I would like to hear of other experiences with this Device.

No comments:

Post a Comment