Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Georgia Rhody "One Night On Frenchmen Street"

This is Georgia's Hopefully first of many new Blogs for frenchmenst.com

The New Orleans Cottonmouth Kings held a lively, three set, Tuesday evening at the DBA on Frenchmen Street.
Here's a (mostly)complete set list from Tuesday, November 10, 2009:

SET ONE:
I Want to Be happy
You're Driving me Crazy
Beginning to See the Light
Egyptian Fantasy
Tuesday before Thanksgiving
At Sundown
Call the Police (featuring Mr. Washboard Chaz)
Angeline (John Rodli on vocals)
You Gotta See your Poppa Everynight
Mood Indigo (A Request from the audience)
Bye Bye Blues

SET TWO:
At the Jazz Band Ball
My Blue Heavean
Dinah
I Wished on the Moon
Anything for You
I'm Confessing that Love You
Avalon
China Boy

SET THREE
Corina Corina
I Cover the Waterfront
Moan You Mourners
I'll fly Away (medley)
Nagasaki
Georgia Grind

tip jar quote of the night: "Make a little splash, leave some cash.", Rhody

Please join the New Orleans Cottonmouth Kings on Frenchmen Street.
Tuesdays at the DBA, 9pm - 1am, and Fridays at The Spotted Cat, 10pm - 2am.
The band hopes to release the debut CD before Christmas 2009.

-Georgia Rhody

No comments:

Post a Comment